Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Week and Happy New Year!

Christmas was great! It was so great to see all of you! This week was fun! We had the mission Christmas activity and we did secret Santa in the zone. I got I giant flounder fish from The Little Mermaid and I had asked for typical things from Guatemala....so they gave me tortillas, and other stuff but I thought it was rather creative! We had 4 or 5 Christmas dinners, I cant remember, I just remember lots of tamales! The rest of the week we practiced for the mission Christmas activity we had. We had a talent show, they gave us a quiz on Preach my Gospel, and we ate lunch and watched a movie! It was fun. For our talent we first did an act to a song, I did a cartwheel and then we made a movie. So when you get trained they have these movies you have to watch called The District...in these movies everything is perfect...I imagine how Rach´s mission is, haha but anyway we did our own district but Guatemalan style, it was fun.I hope you all are doing well! Happy New Year!


Did I tell you this experience that I had that Rach will probably not have the opportunity to have?  It is about the drunk on the street, he asked if I was from the states, I said no I was from Africa, he asked me why I was white, I told him because Africa has white people and asked him if he wanted to hear the African language, he did, so I did some tongue clicking, he thought I was amazing!

That's about all that's going on here. Our ward starts meeting at 8 A.M. next week so that's a bummer but yeah other than that things are good and normal! I love you!

Celebrate Christmas Guatemalan Style

Me and Flounder for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment