Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter

Easter sounds lovely! I can't wait to be celebrating with all of you next year! Woo hoo only 11 months.....oh boy that is a long time! Haha. Im glad you had a nice birthday and Easter. We were locked in the church for 2 days and read the whole New Testament and watched part of a movie. We couldn't go out because people here in the street dress up as transvesdites and carry around large dolls representing Judas, and then the next day apparently all in red to represent the Jews. I think later on they burn the Judas doll but not sure. It is all very foreign to me. To celebrate Easter, my comp and I shared the peeps Danielle sent and watched the Testaments. Nothing really. I read part of Jesus the Christ. Didn't party a whole lot. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I love being with the people, I like teaching them and I love being with the members, honestly the hardest part for me is dealing with my district or zone leaders. I feel like I get macheted all the time. Nothing is really ever good enough but whateve. Sometimes I feel like I am in elementary school again and everyone is getting yelled at, when only 2 or 3 kids screwed up but I try to not pay attention and just try to be a good missionary. Maybe thats wrong though, maybe I need to respect my leaders more. Oh well! But other than that things are good. My spanish is ok, I can speak in lessons and with the members but for some reason I have a hard time talking to other missionaries, white missionaries in spainsh. It is so weird. We were with a family this week that wanted me to pray in english, so I did...it was so weird. I don't know how to do it in english anymore! Hopefully I'll remember!
Oh we have a couple now in our mission. They are so cute and don't speak a word of spanish. Haha I think they are terrified to live here but I know they will be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment