Saturday, October 6, 2012

Emily's Letter Home 10/2/2012


Sorry I am emailing off schedule. We are emailing today because we
dont get a PDay on Saturday I think because of General Conference and
because all the new missionaries are getting here so the schedule is
weird for everyone the first few days. So I will email you a week from
saturday.So since I emailed last not a whole lot has happened. They
have made me coordinating sister again...you would think that I would
learn what ever I need to from it. But I am excited, last time I had 6
sisters, this time I work with another coordinating sister and we will
have 24 sisters, which most of them dont speak english so it should be
a good time. We got to go on a tour of the city today. It was so cool.
We saw this huge life size map that shows the geography of Guatemala
and parts of Belice, Mexico and El Salvador. Then are mission
president went through the whole story of the Book of Mormon and
discussed the theory  of it taking place here and where exactly they
think certain events might have happened, like where Nephi might have
landed, where the Waters of Mormon might be and so forth. It was
really neat. Then we went to the market place to do some shopping and
bartering. Things are pretty cheap here but I should probably work on
my bartering skills. Then afterwards we went to Wendys! Yeah Wendys,
just the same as at home, just in spanish. Everyone was in heaven!
Then we got to go to the temple and then one of the new girls came, so
we welcomed her. The rest will come tomorrow. I just finished watching
a devotional by Elder Bednar. It was really good, he talked about that
the main question most members have is "how do I know if I am
following the Spirit or if its just me". His answer was to quit
worrying about it. To just be a good boy or a good girl, keep your
covenants and follow the commandments and you wont go amiss. That most
promptings arent this big, noticable thing and you wont always know at
that exact moment if you are doing the right thing or not. It was
great, that just as long as we are doing what we should be doing,
Heavenly Father isnt going to mess us over. But yeah thats really all
I have to update on here. Oh and we had a talk the other night and
they asked us if we are ready to live in tents in 3 weeks, in the
heat, with bugs...Ill be honest with you, Ill do it but I cant say Im
thrilled about, bugs are sick. But anyway they talked about those
verses in Nephi "and my father dwelt in a tent". Reminded me of that
talk you talked about Mama that some guy gave once. Anyways how are
you? How is work and seminary? Rachel write that boy yet? How is
Danielle feeling and how are the rest of the Scribners? Oh my dear
Tornado goes into the MTC tomorrow! that is so exciting! I am really
sad that I leave here the day she gets here in Guatemala and we wont
even see each other. She will get here at night and I leave in the
Morning. I was going to hide notes around for her here but I was
telling  The mission presidents wife that my best friend was coming
here and she volunteered that if I had anything I wanted to leave her
that I could just leave it with her, so that was nice and Ill probably
do that, but i might still hide a note or something cause that would
be a good time. Maybe ill leave a map with the mission presidents wife
and bury something for Tori and make her search and dig for it like a
pirate. That could be good. Anyways! I love you all! Enjoy Conference,
dont sleep through it, i am going to try really hard not to! Have a
good week and I hope the house is decorated all up for Halloween! I
wish I could see it! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment