Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year's Eve

Your week sounds like so much fun! The pictures were wonderful! Im glad you got all the supplies you needed for next year! Is Rach making a dress?
I cant wait to watch it(Les Miserables) with you!!!!! I want to see it so bad! Im glad they did a good job on it!
It has been a good week here too. On Christmas, my comp got some fake moustaches in a package so we went caroling to the members and a family we are teaching in them! They think we are so funny! They loved it! They also liked that we sang in English. the family we are teaching, when we were there earlier this week we taught them how to build gingerbread houses and they asked us to sing our hymn in english. They are fun. During that appointment though I started not feeling well and so I told my comp I thought it best if we left, we said the closing prayer and I ran out the door and puked all on their front lawn, it was great. Then after I had finished my business I drunk man asked if I was feeling better and if me and my comp wanted a ride on his motorcyle. Hahaha yes I feel like that is probably what would make me feel a whole lot better! But after that I was all good, I dont know what happened. I hadnt eaten anything different, but I find it rather amusing.
So last week our zone did a gift exchange and the zone leaders had this kid from their ward with them and he didnt have a gift or anything so I quickly ran and grabbed him some candy that I happened to have in my bag, it wasnt much, but it was something. And this week he gave me earrings and a necklace that his sister made, all for a box of candy. He is so sweet!
So this week I may have broken part of our window in our apartment, but listen I was just hanging my clothes up to dry on the line in our front room and the line was attached to the window and after months of nothing it breaks! But it was fine, we got all the glass up!
I got a letter from the Tripps today, they all look like they are doing well! And I got a package from Aunt Christina and from Mattison! They are so sweet!
Im sorry Daddy has been sick! I hope he is feeling better! And Your lessons sound awesome, you should come teach here!
I love you all so much! You all are so pretty! And Clean! And have all your teeth! I love you so much!


Christmas Eve

Hey Daddy! I will tell you on the phone tomorrow how they say my name. im excited to talk to you tomorrow! Woo hoo! And dont worry most of the time I will talking to you, mom, Danielle and Rachel most of the time, so you better have more to say than ¨hello¨!
How it works here is that we are assigned a certain area and we take care of the less active members and recent converts in the wards area, then we contact in that area and teach the people there. The investigator gets to choose who will baptize them, it can be an elder or if things are ideal they have a friend in the ward who will do it. If you teach them and they are in your area you get the ¨´credit¨.
Good luck with Seminary,
Haha when you said you were glad I chose to come to our family I was like ¨who said I got to choose?¨ but ha that was the next sentence. I dont know how it worked but I am glad I got to be apart of our family and I have parents that I can be proud of! Thank you for who you and mama are!
I love you too! I cant wait to talk to you
 
Perfect! We are going to get gifts for a gift exchange, then watch a movie, probably the grinch, and then have tamales with a family in our ward, then do gift exchanges in our zone.
I havent gotten mail yet today, and I overheard thepost office is closed, but hopefully itll open later
 
This was to Mom
So I just wrote you a whole letter and then the computer just erased it so I will bullet point my thoughts
  • That is sweet of them to send a care package!
  • THat is very scrooge like! My mission is super chill!
  • I know Rach is Hot but the kid is dumb to tell daddy, and as if he would have a chance with her! I have yet to meet someone good enough for her hotness
  • THat is awesome that that girl got some lessons in! That is impressive! How much time did she have left?
  • Im jealous of the good food! Take lots of pics of tonight! Your packages of treats make me and my comp so happy!
  • We had divisions this week, so it is the first time without my trainer. Since we were in my area, I was more in charge because I knew everyone and the area. it was fun! And it went really well!
  • We had a grand chorus last night. It was fun, we are hoping that we got some new investigators out of it!
  • Thats awesome that Katie Soh is loving her mission!
  • WE had a Ward Activity this week but we didnt really get to participate because they start everything an hour late here and the sisters now have to be in even earlier because of the kidnapping. But they were super cute with all their decorations and such.
  • WE have been watching lots of fireworks and I anticipate eating a lot of tamales because thats what they do here. It feels more like 4th of July than Christmas!
  • WE are teaching a family and we are pretty sure they know they church is true but they are scared to change churches because the dad has his job in the other church and if they switch he will lose his job and they already struggle to feed their family. It is just a trial of their faith, I hope they overcome it, they are wonderful! We love them so much!
  • I cant wait to talk to you tomorrow! I love you sooooo much!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment