Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday January 7, 2013

Sounds like you had a good week! Im glad you got to enjoy sometime with your sisters!
We've had a good week! We have light in our bathroom right now so that is really nice!
And we also had the oppurtunity to have a lesson in our Mission President´s house with the family we are teaching. It was so nice and the spirit was really strong. Our family still hasnt committed to a baptism date, they say it is a big decision and they need to think about it. I think they just need time. I dont doubt that they will eventually be baptized, I just hope I am here to have the privilage in seeing it happen.
I also helped in the assasination of a rooster this week! ME and my comp killed him and defeathered him. Then later we went back and ate him. It was good, he was old and so the meat was really tough, but good nonetheless. Killing a rooster was fine, but I dont think I want to take it up as a profession.
 
We had a leadership meeting last night. It talked about a plan from the area 70 on retaining and bringing back members. It was really good, Im excited to see it put into practice!
 
Ok can I just take a minute to thank you for teaching to love the Book of Mormon AND the Bible. There are some missionaries who talk about the Bible like it´s whatever. It relly hurts my heart. I know we mostly teach from the BOM because it is what makes us different, it is what our entire church is based on and it is perfect. But the Bible is scripture too and there is so much to learn from it! Isn´t Christ´s Minisrty is the Bible? and doesnt Christ tell us to study Isaiah? But anyway there is my little piece. I love the Bible and the BOM.
 
Anyways, What else have you all been up too? I just read my scriptures and teach everyday. Oh I was reading in the War chapters in the Book of Mormon and I had always just thought about why the Nephites wore armour, and what ¨armour¨ we wear and what not, but this time when reading it I thought more on the Lamanites side of things. Honestly they knew they were going to war, why were they so stupid as to not wear armour. Well I will tell you what I came up with....first and foremost, it was probably hot and cumbersome, and second they probably looked really dorkey. But then when do we sometimes not do things that protect us because they are bothersome ( or for me because it is hot ) or because itll make us look uncool? Who cares...at least youll live. Right?
But yeah! I love you and I hope you are all happy and healthy! I cant wait to see that game you all played, the Kung fu one! Sounds like a good time!
Have a good week!
Em
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment