Sunday, December 2, 2012

Novemeber 19 Email

I got the voting sticker you sent me this week! Thank you! Also thanks for your detective work and taking care of my contact stuff! Also tell Craig and Heidi thanks for their generosity! That is so cool that our ward has so many missionaries out! Im excited to get your package! woo hoo! I dont know, I cant think of anything I really need, yes food is always appreciated and maybe perhaps shea hand cream from bath and body works., mine is almost out and me and my comp love the smell of it, its nice to have things here that smell good! But I will be happy with whatever! I liked your thoughts from Moroni 8 Daddy, your are right about the excuses, thats one of our biggest problems here, people cant go to church because they need to make tortillas or its raining and if they get wet they will get sick. We also have a lot of menos activos we are working with right now, who have just forgotten their covenants and promises. It´s really sad that they dont find those things important or sacred, so we are trying to remind them. This week wasnt really exciting, just teaching and preaching but Oh my gosh guess what! I got pooped on by a bird this week! It was gross! But whatever. We maybe also accidently brought a drunk man to church. Everyone who said theyd come this Sunday bailed, so I was like man, we need a miracle, and this man comes up to my comp and asks, tell me, how can I change my life? My comp says to come to church with us, so he does. Once we were sitting in the pews thats when I realized he wasnt sober. He looked at pictures during the first part of sacrament and was convinced all our books were in english...which none of them were. So he was reverent during the sacrament but after that he starts crying and so we take him out of the chapel and on the way out, he was leaning over, and while getting up he smacks his head on the pew, it was really funny. WE go and talk to him for awhile and he is really upset about life, then we send him on his way. WE set up an appt with him and his family...hopefully he wont be drunk this time, even though the drunks are always good for a laugh. We also have a super sweet family here that was just baptized a couple months ago and we made smores with them last night. It was fun! I hope you enjoy the holidays! Do it for me! I hope you have a fun THanksgiving and eat lots for me! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment