Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10 update

Stake Conference sounds like it was great! Thanks for sharing the talk topics with me! Oh and I got a package from you and one from Danielle last week! They were totally fine! Thank you so much! I loved it all! The conference notes were super cute and the food and clothes were great too! Thanks! The only thing though was that there was a little drummer boy in Danielle's package....haha very funny! Also thanks for the cards and the snowflake earrings! I love them.
I have a little stove range in my kitchen and then if we ever need an oven we just use the one in the church.
Thats sweet of the Blackham little girl, oh course Id email her back!
And you can send me those shoes if you want, but Im really not dying for shoes right now, I pretty much just wear my Toms everyday, they are the most comfortable.
This week has been good. We had 5 investigators in church yesterday so we were pretty excited! We are teaching this family right now and they had a child that died and we were talking to them about temples and eternal families and the spirit was super strong! And the woman after a few minutes and when we had kind of moved on, she just looked at us and was like ´´ what´s it like in there, in the temple?´´ Then me and my comp got to testify of the beauty of the temple. It was a really sweet experience.
Then we were teaching this other kid the plan of Salvation and first we had mentioned that one of the things that we have to do here on earth is that the scriptures say we have to be baptized by water and by fire. And my comp jokingly said we needed to throw him in a fire, then she assured him she was kidding and explained about the holy ghost, however then we got to the Celestial Kingdom and she pulled out her example of it being comparable to the sun, then the kid was like...its really hot there! So I was like shoot, this kid thinks we are going set him on fire! It was funny.
There have been a couple families here who have found out that I was studying nutrition and now they want me to help there babies because thy wont eat. First of all, I dont know all those words in spanish, so my comp works as a translator and second I dont have any tools I need to see what is really wrong. But I try to do the best I can, but they really like taking pills here, so they just want me to find pills for their baby to take, when really that isnt what they need.
We had a multizone conference this week. It was good! They showed us this short clip about the Atonement and a couple apostles talked about it! IT was really nice.
So yesterday I became deathly ill. I had a fever of 102 and felt awful. I'm still recovery. But the best part is what I was told on why I was sick. We have a new Latin zone leader, he implied that it was probably because I was being disobedient, his companion assured him that wasnt the case. The next reasoning was because I had the fan blowing on me. And then this morning our neighbor said it was because its cold here......theyre right 90 degrees is cold. They wanted to know if I had gotten injections yet and what pills I was taking. Ha oh Guatemala. The reason I'm sick couldn't be because I shake hands and kiss people everyday who don't bathe or I eat their food made in rat infested kitchens, or just sometimes you get sick. But Im feeling a bit better.
My comp and I started our Christmas decorations today, once they are done, I'll send a pic!
The ornaments look super cute!!! I love you all! I love you have a good week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Em, sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I love hearing your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that great story Emily! Take care!

    ReplyDelete