Sunday, September 16, 2012

Letter from 9/16/2012 at Guatemala MTC


Hey Hey Hey, Yeah it is colder here than I anticipated, I wear a
jacket or sweater everyday. It isnt too bad though. But apparently my
area is really cold or really hot, depending on where you are at. Tell
Brooke than you and Justin as well. That was so nice of them! Nalani
has my phone and I bought a phone card from the bookstore in the Provo
MTC! My flight over all was like 7 hours and the layover was only an
hour, so not long at all. Dear Elder does work here! I got one from my
friend Alison so that was nice, I also got the birthday cards you
sent! Thank you, but i havent opened them yet! Johnny also sent me a
letter, it had a lovely picture of the 2 of us he drew....however im
bald in the pic....i dont really know why that is. So about the mail
here, this is all I know... If you are going to send packages put
pictures of Jesus and the Virgin Mary over the seam of the package,
pouch mail takes longer and you dont need an envelope, just fold the
paper in a trifold and put the address on the back and use one
american stamp.  Also after about 2 or 3 weeks, just start sending
letters and things to my mission, sont send them to the MTC anymore
because I probably wont get them. So when we got here they took away
our cameras, passports, and mp3 players. I guess things tend to go
missing, as they put it, but we will get them back in 3 weeks when we
get to tour Guatemala City and when we leave the CCM. The temple is
right outside my window, it is so pretty, its nice to wake up to that
every morning. It is super chill here. I like it here, however I feel
like I have even less time to study than I did in Provo, but thats ok.
My spanish is coming, my grammar is not so hot but i usually can get
my point across with some charades and patientence on the part of the
native speaker. My speeling has gone down the tubes though I feel
like, because my brain is trying to figure out if it is spanish or
english, so thats good. Im not allowed to drink the water here or
brush my teeth or anything like that but I can shower in it and stuff.
Everyone is really nice. I ate dinner with some Latinas last night and
was able to hold a conversation. It was fun, but then they found out I
was studying dietetics before the mission and wanted me to teach them.
I can teach you how to pray in spanish, but a balanced plate that was
more difficult but i think they got it. however while trying to speak
to the Latinas there is a lot of laughter, I think because they think
Im cute and funny, they arent mean about it. We arent allowed to eat
with the elders here during meals, so thats different, but hermanas
always get to cut in line, so thats a plus! How are  things at home?
Anything thrilling happening? I love you all and want you to know that
I know Im suppose to be here and Im learning so much! Can you believe
ive already been out almost a month! Crazy! Oh this next part is for
Tornado, you can read it if you want, but Im pretty sure she will be
the only one that cares! Tornado, it is such a small world! let me
tell you why. First, in my district in the MTC an Elder was on the BYU
volleyball team and I told him about our fantastic date with those 2
volleyball players and I couldnt remember who we had picked except for
Frosty...He told me he is apparently a jerk and is now playing
volleyball in Serbia. I couldnt remember who was with who, so I told
the Elder you had picked him. Also my companion went to high school
with our dearest Crosby, she says she thinks he was in her seminary
class and that he was nice - if you know what i mean. Also do you
remember that race Mattison did  with the binkies for Italian club? Do
you remember that ittty bitty girl on his back in one of the pics he
showed us? Well I sit by her missionay everyday now. So You never know
the coonections youll find. Also be looking for a letter Im mailing
you. It has special information you need to know. I love you!  Anyways
thank you for the Toms everyone! I love them, I was wearing them
earlier today!  You all are so sweet! I love everyone, but my time is
almost up! Ill email you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment