Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 12th Letters and Pics

The earthquake was kind of fun in my opinion, we were just studying and it wasn't that bad, just stood in the doorway for a few seconds. Everyone here was terrified though, so its been kinda good for business, everyone is like ´´i knew i needed to repent´´ and we were like we can help you with that! My comp´s name is Shroeder. Her dad is retired now. They never lived anywhere we have, he was an MP. I was sad i didn't get to watch the elections, but my comp and I wore red white and blue, and I painted my toenails red with blue stars. A member let us know that Obama had won.Oh I sent a package for you all, it isn't a lot because well there is a lot here but hopefully you get it for the holidays! The only thing I can think of that I want is some multivitams, not chewables...those disintegrated here, not sure why. Anyways spanish is coming slowly, my comp is super patient and sometimes I understand and sometimes I cant so we will see. Everyone says to give it 6 months. The members here are really nice, they say my spanish is good and then they say to each other ´´Remember Elder ****...he didn't know any spanish´´ I don't know this poor elder, but he makes me feel a little better about life. So because of my lack of spanish, I found out my comp volunteered me to teach the yw country dance. She asked me if I knew it and I was like, if I have a good partner and she was like whatever, so on Saturday I had to like make up a routine for these girls. WE did a combination of a line dance, a square dance, and some swing...and did it all without music It was hilarious. Then my teeny tiny bishop started singing and dancing around me and my companion. it was so funny. So the exciting things in my life this week ' I found a leaf that smelled like a fruit loop.WE set a baptism date with one of our investigators yesterday. He was so happy, you could just see him waiting for us to ask him, because we've been trying for a bit to get a date with him and finally he was ready! The spirit was so sweet and I'm so excited for him! So our new convert, she likes to exaggerate and she told me and my comp that she had gone to the doc and had had a temperature of 140 degrees...I told her that wasn't possible and my comp told her she would have been dead yesterday! That is exciting for Remmington! Tell him congrats! I wish I could see your hair, do you feel like you have more fun now. Thank you and thank Craig and Nannie for me. Also tell Pres Scott and and Bro Teague I say hello. and don't worry, I am protected, like it says in D & C 6 if the powers of earth and hell combine against me I will be okay as long as I'm built upon my savior, and I am. I love you!






This pic is not from the earthquake.  It is construction from behind the church building.  They are expanded to make it larger.   But Emily says you can pretend it is the earthquake if you'd like.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment