Sunday, June 24, 2012

I hope they call me on a Mission...and they have!

 My mission call finally came on Friday! I was expecting it Wednesday, Thursday at the latest and when it hadn't come by then I figured I'd have to wait until next week. 
But nope it came Friday around 4pm. I told everyone I'd wait until 8pm to open it, so that my family could be there. I was the only one in the house for about 3 hours, just me and my letter. I was very tempted to open by my self, I had my finger under the flap of the envelope and asked my friend Lawrence how to reseal it. But I decided I wan't going to be one of those kids that ate their marshmallow as soon as it was given to them...I could wait.
  My sister and I made cake balls that look like globes and we put up a map so everyone could take a guess or two to where I was going.  Finally everyone was there, or skyped in or called in. I am so grateful that I had so many people who wanted to share this with me! So anyway I opened it and I am going to Guatemala!!! No one guess that. My sweet roommate Nalani came the closest with her guess of Nicaragua.  I am really excited. It is going to be a true miracle if I come back speaking Spanish, which all my friends can attest to. I leave August 22, 2012! I am so grateful and excited for this opportunity and for the support of all my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment