Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

This week was crazy busy! On Tuesday  it was my comp´s birthday, so me and the Elders were real sneaky and early in the morning they came over and threw fireworks into our apartment, scared my comp to death! It was great and then we went and made pupusas with a family! Wednesday we went and had a mini MTC with one of the areas in the zone, all the missionaries went and we did divisions with Future missionaries in their ward, we taught them and then in the afternoon we went and visited less actives and searched for news! It was fun! Thursday I did divisions and went about 40 minutes away and wow was it HOT! Then at night the electricity went out so we didn't have fans and we both couldn't sleep, my comp was like Are you awake? I was like unfortunately yes! and she was like Look at the sky, it is so pretty, I tried to but then realized I didn't have my contacts in and couldn't see a thing! But I believe her, the sky is always pretty here! In our studies the next morning I was reading in Ether 12 and it says that his grace is sufficient for us in our weaknesses, I had always realized this for me and all my weaknesses but I had never applied it to everyone else.Things have been a lot better since I've had this change of perspective! We had a wedding and baptism this Saturday and yesterday 2 people accepted dates to be baptized, one for this Saturday and one for the next and we had 5 people in church! The Lord is really blessing us! We also had our cake class this week, it was a hit! Everyone loved it! But this week I'm making the Elders teach because I'm pretty sure I'm going to the temple! The class should be pretty funny!

We started going to the gym and I'm so happy!

So in our baptism us and the elders decided we would do a special musical number, none of us are really Enrique Iglesias but we decided we would go for it A Capella.  Me and one elder would sing part in English and come in in Spanish and the Latinos would sing in Spanish  So we were all in front and the first verse went great and then the second verse came and the Elder singing with me definitely was not pronouncing the English words correctly! and I lost it! I just started laughing and laughing and my investigator was laughing too, so that didn't help the case!. I'm thinking Why the heck cant he speak English - I ask him that all the time, he is from Utah! It took everything in the 4 of us to keep it together till the end. I felt kind of bad though cause he thought I was laughing at his singing, but that wasn't it at all! But yeah I know how to make things irreverent!  
Kike Baptism

This Baby has My name and my curly Hair!

Pupusas


I eat coconut NOW!

Witness at a wedding

Another Baptism!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment